[nog] Internet on top of the Internet

Stefan Dimitrov dimitrov.stefan787 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 22:53:06 EET 2014

Hi,

An interesting idea. We should think it over very carefully. It has
financial issues despite technical.

Best Regards,
Stefan

On 11/25/2014 08:27 AM, Nickola Kolev wrote:
> Hello Marian,
>
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 01:19:01 +0200
> Marian Marinov <mm at 1h.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> a few months ago, while it was still warm :) ManiaX, me and Boyan
Krosnov were talking about the possibility to start
> running our own connectivity on top of the MAN in Sofia :)
>
> We were discussing the low quality of the services offered by the big
ISPs and also the lack of access to people that
> actually know what we are talking about.
>
> The solution, one network build by experts, especially for experts.
>
> > What would the purpose of that network be, if I may ask? Building a
network
> > just for the sake of it?
>
> Since most people in Sofia can easily get direct access port to the
MAN network in the city. With that access, most of
> us can do direct peering and routing on our own machines, allowing
alternative for traffic relaying and also adding
> TOR on top of that network.
>
> > Don't you think this idea is a bit Sofia-centric? What about us,
living the
> > rest of the country? :)
>

> Does this idea sounds good to you guys? :)
>
> It can be a very interesting initiative of NOG.BG.
>
> Do you have any ideas on how we can expand this idea and even start
making it a reality?

> In the end I want to point out, that this would not be a customer
facing network, it would be a network controlled