[nog] IPv6

Marian Marinov mm at 1h.com
Tue Sep 2 11:27:48 EEST 2014

On 09/02/2014 10:59 AM, Tsvetomir Gospodinov wrote:
> Dear,
>
> 1) The minimum allocation from IPv6 is /48. You need to eastablish a BGP session but there is no requirement for
> prefix length (e.g. Balkan-IX use /118 for IPv6 IX)

Do you mean that /48 is the minimum you can get from RIPE or the minimum you can announce trough BGP ?

> 2) If you have /64 allocation in an VLAN there would be an autoconfiguration mechanism. In all other cases you
> should have a transport IPs with routing.
For IPv6, for now I wish only static routes to the Anchor and nothing else. I'll have to rethink the firewall for IPv6
for the rest of the network, which will take time :(

Thank you for the info.

Marian