[nog] Monitoring BGP announcements

Marian Marinov mm at 1h.com
Fri Jul 22 02:42:18 EEST 2016

Hello,

I host servers out of 4 different DataCenters. I have /19 prefixes that are split into multiple /22 to /24 prefixes that I give to the DC to announce.

Recently we had an issue in Amsterdam where one /24 announce was not announced for a period of about 10min.
Unfortunately I found about this from the customer...

So how are you monitoring your announcements?

In my case I found about the issue from RIPE Stat, but now I'm thinking about monitoring the visibility of my networks every 10seconds from 4 different routers.
Is there already available software for that?

Marian
--
Marian Marinov
Founder & CEO of 1H Ltd.